Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Tate Modern & Food For Thought



Last night Kat and I took the tube towards the Tate Modern. We got off near St. Paul's Cathedral and crossed the Millenium Bridge to get to the Tate. When we were about halfway across the bridge it started to rain. The weather here shifts pretty fast, one minute its warm enough for a t-shirt and the next you need a sweater. As you can tell from the picture of Kat and I it was also a bit windy out.

After the Tate we made our way to Food for Thought in Covent Gardens. The food was delicious, we got a huge mixed salad with pasta, lettuce, beets and cous cous and for dinenr had eggplant, tomatoes, rice and yellow curry. The bread was delicious and I left feeling very full.

We went back to Kat's flat and watched This is England which follows a young boy as he encounters skinheads. It was excellent.


1 comment:

Ann Munro said...

I used to live right behind St. Paul's, just towards the river - every morning I would run across the millennium bridge and along the river! One of my favorite traditions we created was to sit in the middle of the bridge at night and drink a bottle of wine. Ironically, I relived that experience only a week or so ago with Aaron when we met there for a day. While you're there, make sure you go to either Borough market or Niel's yard (Covent Garden) and get a cup of drip coffee from Monmouth coffee. Probably the best I've ever had anywhere in the world!
I miss you, can't wait for Rome!
Love, Bridget