Wednesday, September 26, 2007

And I would walk 500 Miles....


Today I spent the day wandering around london, mostly in the Kensington area. I started by visitng Christ Church which is a little chapel right near the flat. After winding through a bunch of neighborhood streets I ended up in front of the Royal Hospital, which according to Kat has a spectacular sunday service, and apparently its where Margaret Thatcher goes for church. I then made my way over to Herrod's which was huge. My favorite display was the backgammon boards, the most expensive one I saw was 1599 pounds! They already had a christmas section up, which appropriately was playing christmas songs. Each section of the store played its own music, I even heard hootie and the blowfish in one part of the store.


After Herrods I wandered over to the Serpentine Pavilion. It was pretty full inside even though nothing in paticular was going on. There was a ramp around the pavilion which led to an overlook over the main room. Somehow I managed to wedge my foot between the pathway and the building. There must have been only one spot that was big enought for a foot and mine found it. So now I have a nice souvenir right below my ankle.


After the Serpentine injured me I decided to walk around kensington gardens. There were so many dogs running all around, and I couldn't believe how all of them always eventually ran back to or after their owner. I passed the Peter Pan statue and then it began to sleet! But only for about 2 or 3 minutes. It got pretty cold out and so I made my way back to the flat. Once I got back to Kat's street all the kids were getting out of school, their uniforms were very cute and a bunch of them were skipping down the road.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Smooth job hurting yourself! I miss you already. I'm totally stoked you're doing a blog so I can obsessively read it. Adrian and I survived our second vacation. You can read about it on MY blog. analevan.blogspot.com (in case you aren't obsessed with ME like I am with YOU and lost the address!)