Friday, September 28, 2007

Finding NEMO


Today I set off on my borrowed bike to go see NEMO, which is a science center by Renzo Piano. About 5 minutes into my ride I took a wrong turn, not realizing it of course. So I ended up winding around the outskirts of Eastern Amsterdam for about an hour. Along the way I stumbled upon this cool apartment building:

I was about to call Nathan, but somehow I ended up finding my way back to a road into the center of Amsterdam. I saw some awesome house boats along the way back into the city. There were a lot of very modern looking ones.

Once in the city I found ARCAM, which is the architecture center. It wasn't opening for a half an hour, so I wandered around it and there was NEMO! So I wandered over and climbed up the roof deck. It has a great view of the city and I sat there and drank a coffee.

I went back to ARCAM and looked at their exhibt on young Amsterdam Architects. After that I decided to come back to the apartmentto get my sweater, since it was getting chilly. It took me about 20 minutes to get back which was much shorter than the hour and a half it took to find NEMO.

No comments: