Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Roma

Today is my third day in Rome. Its been very fun so far, minus the fact that the airline lost my luggage, and I still haven't received it. But since I only have one pair of clothes it makes it easier to pick out what i'm wearing in the morning. Bridget lent me a shirt too, so hopefully I'll get my stuff today, but so far its not looking like it.

My apartment is really funky, and has one of those long skeleton keys. I'm still having a bit of trouble with the door, but I can usually open it 1 out of 4 times. The floors are all a pinkish/tan marble and there is a lot of glass block. I'll have to take some pictures of it, because the stuff in the bathroom is priceless. Below is a view out my window.


Yesterday in class we went and sketched at the Vittorio Emmanuel Monument, mostly because it has good panoramas of the city. After that we had studio, and got our first assignment. They divided up sections of the aurelian wall around the city and each group has to document their part and talk about how it relates to the city today. After walking around our section, my feet were so sore, we must have done about 8 miles or so that day.


I had my first Italian Cappuccino this morning and it was only 90 euro cents and delicious! Then I head to italian class after which Bridget, Brianne and I walked over the the Pantheon and the Trevi fountain. We went to the Trevi Fountain because there is a great gelato place closeby. The Pantheon was stunning, I didn't expect it to feel so grand. I'm planning to go back sometime when its raining to see what happens inside.

6 comments:

Ana said...

you have to tell me what happens when it rains! it rained for 6 minutes total the when i was in rome and we couldn't make it there. there's a good cheep pizza place just east of the pantheon on the road from the piazza in front of it. you should check it out.

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous!! It took me forever to figure out the name of that huge monument-nobody ever seems to know what it is or what its for. Did you see the holes in the floor for the rain at the pantheon? i cant remeber if i ever went and saw it or just checked for the vents

Unknown said...

i'm glad you gave us a picture of your view. it's, um, beautiful. :)
did you go wading in the trevi fountain?

anniej said...

Where is there NOT a good gelato place in Italy?

Amanda said...

you can go back with me! although i dont think i want it to rain while I am there...

Unknown said...

That monument was great! I saw one of your friends said that nobody ever knows what it is...and I agree. Whenever I would mention it to someone they were confused. That's the place those Italian high school girls hit on me...Le-gen-dar-y