Sunday, October 21, 2007

AHA! We found Zaha.


Yeah the caption is cheesy, but I had to. Bridget, Brianne, Katie and I walked to the new Zaha Hadid building today. It was pretty far away, well by foot anyway, but was well worth it. Today felt like the first day of fall, and on the walk over we went by the river, and it was gorgeous. Walking in Rome is one of my favorite things to do. The building is still under construction but the concrete work so far is gorgeous. We walked to the front of the building first and then made our way around to the back. We toyed with the idea of scaling the fence to get a closer look, but decided being arrested probably wasn't worth it. So instead we all climbed up on the fence to get a better look inside. Which was worth it because we got to see some parts of the building that were out of sight.


In the morning before we went I headed up to San Pietro in Montorio, which is the church that also has the tempietto. There was a wedding ending when I fist got there, so I sat outside and watched everyone throw rice and explode confetti everywhere. When they had cleared out I went in, it was pretty nice, although I think having it set up for a wedding made the church more beautiful.

No comments: