Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bled



Today I went to Bled, which is a town in Slovenia known for it`s lake. The bus ride there was beautiful, it was through farmland with mountains in the distance. I arrived around 11ish and started the walk around the lake. It took about an hour and a half because I was also stopping to sketch every now and then. There is an island in the middle with a church on it, which looks quite picturesque from a distance. There is also a castle perched up on a rocky outcropping on the mainland.


There were a ton of ducks all around
the lake, and they were not phased by people at all. I also saw a few swans and a crew team.


After I walked the perimeter I stopped into the large church, it had a huge chandelier hanging in it, which was pretty crazy. The outside was very plain but the inside was heavily decorated.


Afterwards I hiked up to the castle which only took about ten minutes but was straight uphill. After making my way back down I stopped in a cafe for a cappuccino and then caught the bus back to Ljubljana.

No comments: