Thursday, December 6, 2007

Almost Final Day in Rome

Today is my second to last day in Rome. Tomorrow I will be heading to Ljubljana, Slovenia. I'll be back in Rome right before I leave to fly back to the states. Today I went and wandered the city a bit looking at a few things I hadn't seen yet. The first was Santa Maria della Angeli which is in the former Baths of Diocletian. It was a huge church, and felt a little like an old train station, probably because of the high windows. There was some beautiful stained glass work, and the light coming through the windows was extremely bright.




Then I went over to Saint Paul's Inside the Walls, which is on the Via Nazionale. There was an organist playing the whole time I was there which was pretty cool. The ceiling was pretty amazing, and unlike any other I've seen so far.


And for all you architects I found this on a building the other day:

No comments: